Inspiration4 crew in orbit. (Credit: Inspiration4)
CAPE CANAVERAL, FL, September 17, 2021 (Inspiration4 PR) – Tonight Inspiration4, the world’s first all-civilian human spaceflight mission to orbit, shared the crew would return tomorrow, September 18, with a targeted splashdown at 7:06 p.m. EDT in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida. To prepare for this return, Dragon completed two burns tonight to reduce the spacecraft’s altitude to approximately 365km and line up the ground track with the landing site. A timeline of activities for Dragon’s return to Earth and splashdown is available on SpaceX’s website.
The Inspiration4 crew has had a busy almost 48 hours in space, with activities including:
– A live inflight update showcasing some of what they have been doing in space at 5 p.m. EDT on September 17.
– A recorded interview (captured September 16) with a few patients of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to give them a first look of the spacecraft’s cupola observation window and answer questions.
– The opportunity to ring the closing bell of the New York Stock Exchange on September 17.
– Enjoying fresh food throughout the mission.
– And talking with a number of supporters during both days ...