Home » News & Blogs » Mercury Redstoned rework
Bookmark and Share
The Original Rocket Dungeon

Mercury Redstoned rework

25 Jul 2017, 16:20 UTC
Mercury Redstoned rework
(200 words excerpt, click title or image to see full post)

I have added a forward launch lug and have selected a new nosecone. I will rename it for the flight card but will keep the old name in tags, folders, etc to keep the variants together.Here is what I considered (L-to-R):Plastic Frankenstein head. The name would be Mercury Fankenstone. I liked the name but it was a bit small.Soft foam cone that I made for a boink water rocket. If history repeats itself, a squishy cone might be a good thing. However, it is a bit big and would require even more launch lug work. Plus, if history repeats itself, this is going in the trash bin.Harder foam cone with a plastic tip, also made for a water rocket. It was never used. It fit well and I liked the look. It isn't well finished but seems to fit this oddroc well enough. It might be damaged even on a nominal recovery. Oh well, there are other options after this.A plastic Apollo LEM that I build for some reason. I decided there were too many small pieces that would be guaranteed to break off even if the flight was otherwise successful.So, this was my selection:

Latest Vodcast

Latest Podcast

Advertise PTTU

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

astronomy_pod