1. The MASSIVE survey – VII. The relationship of Angular Momentum, Stellar Mass and Environment of Early-Type Galaxies
2. The SAMI galaxy survey: mass as the driver of the kinematic morphology – density relation in clustersAuthors:
1. Melanie Veale, Chung-Pei Ma, Jenny E. Greene, et al.
2. Sarah Brough, Jesse van de Sande, Matt S. Owers, et al.First Authors’ Institutions:
1. University of California, Berkeley, USA
2. University of New South Wales, AustraliaStatuses:
1. Submitted to Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society [open access]
2. Submitted to the Astrophysical Journal [open access]
IntroductionScientific papers are a bit like buses. Sometimes you wait for ages waiting for one to take you where you want to go, then – surprise, surprise – two come along at once. This is, of course, a fundamental physical law, to which even astrophysicists are not immune.In today’s article I’m going to break with tradition a little bit and highlight not one, but two papers, released weeks apart and with similar goals. This happens reasonably often, principally because if the science is both exciting and possible, chances are more than one team are looking into it! It’s always interesting to see independent groups take ...