Home » News & Blogs » Inductor, the build, part 1
Bookmark and Share
The Original Rocket Dungeon

Inductor, the build, part 1

20 Aug 2014, 18:27 UTC
Inductor, the build, part 1
(200 words excerpt, click title or image to see full post)

I proceeded to build my finless, induction stabilized rocket, the Inductor.The phenolic liner from a Loki 75mm motor is the perfect size to accept 12oz aluminum soda cans...just a tad off from a 2.5" body tube. I didn't want to use the liner and briefly pondered building an 18mm rocket from BT-60. However, I ended up rolling a tube from poster board, 3M "77" spray adhesive, and using Loki casting tube as a mandrel. Quick and sticky. The spray adhesive seemed to work well...until I sprayed on some primer, which promptly caused the tube to start peeling. A little epoxy and a strip of tape took care of that.I cut a 7.5" length for the induction tube. This fits the rule of having that tube over 2 calibers in length and allows two cans to fit. Two cans with the top and bottom lopped off, that is. I cut one end down on the taper so it would overlap the 2nd can slightly. These photos show the induction tube with the cans installed. The two small screws allow the cans to be replaceable, will ensure they stay in place and, hopefully, won't affect the airflow. On the other end are ...

Latest Vodcast

Latest Podcast

Advertise PTTU

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

astronomy_pod