Home » News & Blogs » Deconstructing the finish on my 3x24mm Mega Mosquito
Bookmark and Share
The Original Rocket Dungeon

Deconstructing the finish on my 3x24mm Mega Mosquito

6 Aug 2014, 19:20 UTC
Deconstructing the finish on my 3x24mm Mega Mosquito
(200 words excerpt, click title or image to see full post)

Now that this clustered, forward motor, Steampunk Mega Mosquito flew successfully, I started working some more on the finish. So far, I added some rust...actual rust. I took some red iron oxide, mixed it with water and swabbed. I shot on a clear of matte clear coat to set it in place. For the fin damage, I brushed and swabbed some acrylic black. But, what is better for simulating blast damage that some actual pyrotechnics. The burns, speckles and bubbled paint were also covered with clear coat. From the attached photo you can see other views and a close up of some of the "damage".

Latest Vodcast

Latest Podcast

Advertise PTTU

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

astronomy_pod